How Do I Use MS Office Software?
Microsoft Office Software
Basic computer courses on Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
The Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC) offers guiding learning on Windows 7, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access.
- Log in to TERC using your CityU username and password.
- Hover over Career Tools and select "Basic Computer Skills"
- To use items in the database, you will be prompted to register within the database itself. Your individual login allows you access to everything in the database, including all of the short courses and test prep materials. Show me
E-books about MS Office products
Use Books24x7 or Ebrary online databases. Search for the specific title of the program you want to know more about (E.g., “Microsoft Excel 2013”) or search for “Microsoft Office 2013” (or the version you have on your computer) to find e-books.
In all Blackboard courses
- Click on the “Learning Resources” link under “Resources and Help” in the left-menu of your Blackboard course.
- Click "Office Lab" to find video tutorials of MS Office and other tools.
Other Tools for Completing Assignments
Free Tools for Teaching and Learning
This guide points to free tools you can use to record audiovisual presentations, store video, share files, hold meetings, and build surveys.
Need more help? Ask a Librarian!