Country Culture & Overview
GlobalEDGE Global Insights by Country
Indicators and regulations for 189 countries
- From Economy Profiles drop-down menu, select Country for Country Economy Profile
- From Regional Profiles drop-down menu, select Region for Regional Profile
- Select World Edition
- Enter country in search box or use interactive map to click on country
- Explore report sections at left: family, culture, customs, history, map, demographics, photo gallery, infographic, and more.
CIA World Factbook Produced by US Central Intelligence Agency
- Use drop down “Please select a country to view” or click interactive world map to locate country
- Use maps, photos, or click open sections: Introduction, Geography, People and Society, Government, etc.
- Select Country
- Explore links under Country name
Country Insights (Centre for Intercultural Learning, Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada)
- Select a Country
- Country Facts links or Cultural Information links
- Cultural Information presents intercultural questions from the country perspective and the Canadian perspective
Country Reports in CityU databases
Business Source Complete offers country reports detailing economic analysis, business risk, government & politics, GDP, industries, employment and more.
- Type the name of your country in the search box.
- In the Search Options area, select “Country Report” from the Publication Type drop-down menu.
- Click Search
Books24x7 E-books & Chapters
- Right navigation see Browse Topics
- Open “International Business”, then open “Cultural Aspects” (or other sections)
- Explore results for relevant e-books
- OR enter keywords in search box and scan chapters identified in “Top Section Hits”
Sample e-books which cover or have chapters on individual countries or regions
- Martin, J.S. & Chaney, L.H. (2009). Passport to success: The essential guide to business culture and customs in America’s largest trading partners. Westport, CT: Praeger.
- Moran, R. T., Harris, P. R., & Moran, S. V. (2011). Managing cultural differences: Global leadership strategies for cross-cultural business success. Burlington, MA: Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Morrison, T. & Conaway, W.A. (2012). Kiss, bow, or shake hands: Sales and marketing: the essential cultural guide: From presentations and promotions to communicating and closing. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Condon, J. C., & Masumoto, T. (2011). With respect to the Japanese: Going to work in Japan, (2nd). Boston, MA: Intercultural Press.
- Althen, G. & Bennett, J. (2011). American ways: A cultural guide to the United States (3rd). Boston, MA: Intercultural Press.
- Saxon, M. (2007). An American’s guide to doing business in China. Avon, MA: Adams Media.
- Castro-Fontoura, G. (2013). Doing business with Latin America: An introduction to Brazil, Mexico, Chile and other exciting markets. Petersfield, United Kingdom: Harriman House.