Mobile-Friendly Library Resources
Below is a list of CityU library websites and databases which are optimized to run on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. There are typically three “levels” of mobile access:
- Mobile-friendly (page scales to size of screen, often features clean layout and easy navigation)
- Mobile version (mobile-specific interface; sites often display the mobile version automatically to smartphones)
- Mobile app (application available for download to use the site on a mobile device)
Each resource below is labeled according to its level or type of mobile access. If you have any questions, please email LRC@cityu.edu.
- Ask a Librarian - Chat (Mobile version)
- CatalogPlus (Mobile version)
- Journal Finder (Mobile version)
Articles & Video
- EBSCO databases (Mobile version)
- App also available for iPhone/iPad/Android:
- Log into an EBSCO database on your computer
- Click the EBSCOhost 'iPhone and Android apps' link at the very bottom of the page and enter your email address. An email with an authentication key is sent to you.
- Access the email from your phone or tablet using your phone's email client - not a browser on your device - and then click the link found in the email to authenticate the application.
- ProQuest databases (Mobile version accessible via this link only)
- Alexander Street Press (Mobile version)
- Mint Global (Mobile version)
- NetAdvantage (Mobile-friendly)
- Security Management Practices (Mobile-friendly)
- Teen Health and Wellness (Mobile-friendly)
- EBSCO E-books (Mobile version)
- Credo Reference (Mobile-friendly)
- Ebrary (Mobile app)
- On your mobile device’s web browser, go to the CityU Library databases page and click Ebrary
- Click "Sign In" at the upper-right
- Log in using your CityU credentials
- Click "My Settings" at the upper-right
- Click "Link your account to Facebook" at the right of the screen, and log in to Facebook
- Click "OK" to link your Ebrary account to Facebook
- Open a new browser tab, and go to Adobe’s website
- If you have an Adobe account, sign in; otherwise click "Don’t have an Adobe ID?" and create an account
- In the App store on your mobile device, download the Ebrary app
- Once you’ve installed the Ebrary app, tap it to open
- Click the "Sign in with Facebook" button at the bottom of the screen
- Log in using your Facebook credentials
- To learn how to use the Ebrary app, click "Downloads" at the bottom-left of the screen and select "User Guide by ebrary"
Need more help? Please email LRC@cityu.edu or use our Ask a Librarian service.